- PK Sparkxx DatHotneSS regularly releases quality Nintendo content. I’m loving his Zelda: Breath of the Wild playthrough.
- Basement Pretzel is a relatively new channel that makes gaming-themed comedy shorts.
- Black Essence does great Sims 4 playthroughs, and also shouts-out other female gamers of colour.
- MasaeAnela‘s vintage Nintendo playthroughs are fun and entertaining. Right now, I’m watching her Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap let’s play!
Check out Geeks of Color for more.
- Kat Blaque is a children’s illustrator, activist, and queen of true tea. She makes incredibly topical, informative, well-researched videos as well as more informal advice, and vlogs. Looking to jump in? I recommend her video on Lady Gaga’s superbowl performance.
- Franchesca Leigh is an activist, podcaster, and co-host of MTV’s decoded.
- Morgan Howard is a documentarian that specialises in Native American cultures and histories.
- Sensei Aishitemasu (aka Seren), previously mentioned in my Lemonade reader makes free-form vlogs, reviews, and opinion pieces.
- Marinashutup is a bisexual woman of colour that covers a wide range of topics, including the LGBT+ community, menstruation, and her love for Kristen Stewart.
- Angryhijabi is a young Muslim woman with a healthy hatred for Trump. She was interviewed by PogieJoe to discuss misconceptions about Muslims. She’s also on Facebook!
- Philogynoir is dedicated to uplifting fellow black women.
- Jackie Aina is one of my favourite youtubers at the moment. She’s always doing the most gorgeous things with her eyeshadow, and spilling the tea on sponsored videos.
- Karen O does makeup looks and always has a new take on the latest fashion trends.
- Lizzie Loves does simple but beautiful makeup routines, and the most incredible wig reviews.
- Junie’s tutorials cover makeup basics, and she also does really cute makeup looks.
- Guy Tang is a hairstylist that consistently uploads his amazing dye work – and if you’re lucky, videos of his sweet Pekingese!
- Meghal and Natasha are twins that are constantly pushing the envelope with their makeup looks. One of my favourites is their Liner 4 ways tutorial.
- The Tassel Fairy is famed for her fun, quirky style.
- The Pastels is an Australian-based beauty channel that covers makeup tutorials, routines, and vlogs.
- Celia Leslie‘s makeup looks are amazing, and occasionally does wig reviews.
Comedy, vlogs and life
- Sitting pretty Lolo is a black physically disabled woman that documents her life. Also – need a wheelchair review? She’s got you.
- TheThirdPew is an Ethiopian-American vlogger and comic.
- Akilah, Obviously! features great sketches, and regularly reminds us of the hellscape that is Trump’s America.
- Ari Fitz is a black lesbian model, and uploads vlogs every single day.
- Rian Phin does relaxed vlogs, GRWMs, and occasional review.
- Black Netizen does “pop culture discussions, including k-pop, wellness, and internet culture, from a black perspective.”
- Domo and Chrissy are a lesbian couple with a newborn son (congratulations!!!) that document their lives on Youtube.
- Miles Jai vlogs, does comedy sketches, and unboxings, and videos on K-pop.
- April Bee does tutorials on natural hair, and also does the most amazing furniture makeovers!
- treshaja regularly uploads affordable furniture DIYs.
A final special thank you to these blogs that put me onto some of these youtubers!
Edit 25/05/17: I’ve decided I’ll intermittently add Youtubers of colour whose content I enjoy so this article can remain current!