- Freemium models are everywhere – in our music, cloud storage, apps, and more innocuously, our porn. Mindgeek has become the single largest, and most important, distributer of pornography online. David Auerbach at Slate discusses the impact this has had on sex workers, and Fusion’s Felix Salmon comments on the evolution of digital porn.
- Super Eyepatch Wolf’s video essay analyses What makes a good character design?, including the cultural signifiers that make Sailor Moon an iconic, identifiable character.
- Shane Burley’s article at Godsandradicals.org showcases one small town’s successful fight against the Richard Spencer brand of Nazism.
- Alana Hope Levinson takes a look at the problems and misconceptions about oversharing your relationship online.
- Yoga Racheal‘s regular Instagram posts showcase her impact as a black woman into the mostly white Western yoga community.
- Unrelated, but Tom Haverford from Parks and Recreation reminds me of my sister.