- I got obsessed with Junji Ito’s Spiral after watching Super Eyepatch Wolf’s video on his subversive, uniquely creepy brand of horror. There were loads of disgusting, and grotesque parts (especially the snail people) but I couldn’t put it down. Who knew a spiral could be so horrifying?
- Sheronda J. Brown’s insightful Get Out review on RaceBaitR discusses how the film hearkens back to the reappropriation of the zombie, and the use of white medicine to pathologize Black slaves’ desire for life-saving freedom (and of course, to ignore and legitimize white complicity and abuse).
- Paul Youngquist’s Monstrosities: Bodies and British Romanticism argues that medicine in the 18th and 19th centuries normalized a certain type of body by excluding others.
- SAMOROST 3!!!! SAMOROST 3!!!!! I finished it in two evenings and absolutely loved it. The artwork, character design, and storytelling was brilliant. Expect a review shortly!
- What I’m less excited about? Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Science Vs had an episode on acne that completely upended my entire world. TL;DL: companies lie to make money.